WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Son Rise Bakery
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved
- Rufener Financial – Jeremy Rufener is a broker/dealer LPL. Provider of life insurance, stocks, bonds, and long term care insurance. Jeremy is a Huntington University graduate and serves on their foundation board.
- United Way – The organization supports the community in many different areas with a focus on financial stability, health/wellness, and education. Currently working on transportation and Door Dash grants.
- Budget Committee – Committee will meet on September 8th at 12 pm at Bippus.
- Nominating Committee – Three volunteers are needed for this committee or Terry will need to elect.
- Bylaws –Updates and changes will be made and sent out to body to discuss at next month meeting. Article 1, Section 3 was added back in.
- Scarecrow Festival – Festival is scheduled for October 28th from 6-8 pm with rain date scheduled for October 29th. Volunteers are needed to run chili cook off.
- Downtown Park – Phase 3 beginning in next week. September 30th will be Bulldogs concert.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Visitor guides are done and available. Currently working on updating website.
- HC Community Foundation –Lily Scholarship applications are due end of month and Teacher grant applications are due end of September. Hometown Grant is open to businesses in Warren and applications are due end of September.
- HC Council and Commissioner – Working on budget. Currently around 720 available jobs in the county and more market price housing is needed.
- HCCSC – Kari Hemi and Lee Smith are running for school board.
- Historic Warren – Will be hosting community meeting for opportunities in the historic district on September 22nd at 6 pm at Church of Christ. Entry fees are available for Holiday Walk and Festival of Trees.
- SSF – Working on next year, next meeting Tuesday 6:30 pm at KBC.
President – Terry Miller
Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
2nd Vice President – Tammy Zehner
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term