WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Bravos
Prayer led by Troy Drayer
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Homespun Market – Tamara Spahr noted that they have now had a storefront for 2 years and currently have about 20 vendors. October 24th – Open House from 10a-1p for 2 year anniversary.
- Woodlawn Cemetery – Kevin Jackson stated the cemetery was founded in 1898 and there are about 4100 plots. Recently put up a new road sign and redid roads in cemetery. Elijah Mitchell is the only Revolutionary War soldier buried in Huntington County. They will be holding a ceremony/dedication for him on September 12th at 2 pm with the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Nominating Committee – Rosie Wall, LeAnn Buzzard, and Nicole Johnson volunteered for Nominating Committee.
- Downtown Park – Last concert will be September 25th with Cook & Belle. Looking at getting quotes for phase 3 of park and new sign is up.
- HCUED – Mark noted there has been 8 industrial programs this year with $20 million invested. Unemployment is currently at 6.3%.
- United Way – Kyle stated are working on campaign and kickoff will be September 16th at 12 pm. Virtual Run/Walk will be help September 16-20, see website to register and prizes available. October 29th there will be reverse trunk or treat at fair grounds.
- Warren Town Council – Roads are done. Next meeting is September 21st at 5 pm.
- Historic Warren – New sign is up at the park.
- SSF – Got through the mini-series. Sunday night was WAMA event. Meeting on September 8th at Civic Center and they are looking for committee members for next year.
- CAO – Still planning magic show for Walk of Trees.
- Scarecrow Festival – Waiting for town approval. Will not have hayride or chili cook off, there will be a few food trucks.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
President – Jeff Souder
Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term