WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Lunch provided by Golfo di Napoli
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved
- Historic Warren – Historic Warren supports community and economic development in downtown Warren. They are a member of Indiana Main Street Historic Places registry as of May 2022. Mural on the Napa Building will be completed this week and murals in Warren on are the Indiana Mural Trail Map. 11th Annual Holiday Walk and Festival of Trees will be held on Friday, November 18th at 5 pm. Entry forms are available and due on October 17th.
- Bippus State Bank – The bank has been open for 6 years and still growing. They have a mortgage originator and are able to do agriculture loans. Employees loved being involved in the community.
- Budget 2023 – Budget was proposed for 2023 and will be voted on next month.
- Nominating Committee – 3 board seats are up for re-election. Leah Pursley will not be running for 2nd board position or filling the secretary position next year. Please send email to any Chamber Board Member if interested.
- Bylaws –Updates and changes made and bylaws passed by members.
- Scarecrow Festival – Festival is scheduled for October 28th from 6-8 pm with rain date scheduled for October 29th. Hoping for more participants for scarecrows and chili cook off. Bippus will be taking over next year.
- Downtown Park – Working on booking bands for 2023 Final Friday Concert Series.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Visitor guides are done and available. Currently working on updating website.
- HC Community Foundation –3 applications were received for the Hometown Grant.
- HC Council and Commissioner – Working on wrapping up budget. Working on rolling out housing project as well as a jail transition program and teen suicide prevention program.
- HCCSC – Added more front line staff. Proving counseling for students coming from homes with drug problems.
- SSF – Working on next year, next meeting Tuesday 6:30 pm at KBC.
- Taste of Warren – Planning for event is underway. Scheduled for March 4th.
President – Terry Miller
Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
2nd Vice President – Tammy Zehner
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term