WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Bravos
Prayer led by Pastor Paul Burris
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Homespun – Tamara noted hours are W-F 10-6 and Sat. 10-2. There are multiple businesses under one roof. Tons of items available: jewelry, home décor, candles, lotions, bags, stain glass, quilted items, woodwork, mugs, clothing, dip mixes, pens, small furniture items, etc. Be sure to check them out.
- Warren Pharmacy – Melinda stated that the pharmacy is in its 25th year and opened in April 1995.They work with most insurances and fulfill deliveries daily. They offer all pharmacy products, CBD products, as well as greeting cards.
- Board Nominations – Congratulations to Leah Pursley, Terry Miller, and Kevin Jackson.
- Budget and Bylaw Committee – Volunteers asked to sit on committees.
- Scarecrow Festival – Awesome attendance and great partnership with HCCSC. Chili cook off raised $472 with ½ going to WAMA and ½ to Food Pantry. Paul asked for more teams next year.
- Downtown Park – Jeff stated that 4 acts are booked for the next year and sponsors are needed. A hat will be passed at concerts for free will donation. Joe Wiley motioned and Gina Cannady second to give $1500.00 from Chamber to concert series. Gift cards will be given to town mowing crew for maintaining the lawn. $100 was given to KBC for allowing the use of facilities for concert.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Working on 2020 events and currently working on promoting holiday shopping events and Christmas events.
- HCCF – Michael introduced Matt Ditzler who will be taking over in 2020 and grants are currently being reviewed.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Tom noted they will be building a new jail. Courthouse lighting outside of building was donated and will be used to light up outside of courthouse at night.
- HCCSC Board – Thanked all voters and will be seeking community impute to solve problems.
- United Way – Giving Tuesday is coming up and there are collection bins around the community for canned food.
- Historic Warren – Becky noted that Holiday Walk and Festival of Trees will be November 22nd from 5-8 and there is a full schedule of all events.
- SSF – Next meeting will be Tuesday the 11th at 6:30 pm at KBC.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Tamara noted they will have soup supper at Holiday Walk. Cost is $12 with a bowl and there will be a free puppet show at 6 pm.
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on December 4, 2019.**