WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Bravo’s
Prayer led by Ethan Stivers
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Gebhart’s Floral Barn – Josh and Kari Heim are in their 8th year as owners of the full service floral shop and greenhouse. They offer many custom items and can provide planters for business as well. “MOM” Mugs are available for purchase for Mother’s Day.
- Ping Pong Tables– Terry spoke on looking to purchase concrete ping pong tables for possible placement at Downtown Park. Currently looking for sponsors to purchase a table, cost of table is around $7,000.00.
- Raffle Items for Wine Tasting – Committee is currently looking for silent auction items for Wine Tasting.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast– Nominees for Samuel Jones are due Saturday, May 8th. Currently looking for volunteers to help with the running, setup/tear down of breakfast.
- Downtown Park – Friday, May 28th is next Final Friday concert.
- HCUED – Currently working on 5 industrial projects with $25 million invested in the community. Unemployment rate is currently at 3.8%.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – The Huntington County mural project is currently underway and working on more locations.
- HC Community Foundation – Received 132 applications from high school seniors for scholarships, 87 will receive scholarships with 15 from the Warren area. Next grant cycle is May 13.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Closed on Victory Knoll project. May 10 at 6 pm – tours available at Victory Knoll.
- HCCSC Board – Looking at getting things in place for next school year. Learning Center project is on time for September opening and groundbreaking will be on May 27th for the new outdoor facility.
- United Way – Currently gave funding to WAMA to help meet needs. Covid relief funds are still available. Working on Kinder Camp and fall campaign.
- Warren Town Council – Working on upgrading lights at Tower Park as well as dugouts. New water tower will be put up on 11th Correction from last meeting: Warren will be getting funds from the federal government in the amount of $250,000 not $400,000.
- Historic Warren – Car Show at Golfo on Saturday, May 22nd from 1-7pm, door prizes will be available.
- SSF – Festival schedule for July 2-4 with lots planned, still looking for donations and sponsors. Fundraiser will be held May 15th.
- Taste of Warren – Scheduled for September 18.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
Welcome to New Chamber Member – Bee-BQ’s!
President – Jeremy Rufener
Vice President – Terry Miller
2nd Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term