WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Bravos
Prayer led by Rusty Strickler
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Gebharts – Josh Heim stated he and his wife have owned the business for 5 years. They currently have 3 greenhouses. They are open for the season and have lots of annuals. They also do custom planters and offer a full service floral shop. They are open Monday through Saturday from 9-5.
- Rufener Fiancial – Jeremy Rufener informed members that it was a good idea to go see someone to get a financial plan in place. There is currently a great run in the market and go talk to someone you trust.
- SSF Donation –It was motioned for $2,000 from the wine/beer tasting to be donated to SSF. Nicole motioned and Joyce second.
- Salamonie’s Got Talent – Asked for donations from businesses and stated they are hoping to raise enough money to only do one fundraiser next year. Show will be May 21st at 6pm.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast – Tickets will be available soon for purchase and there will be a sign up to sell tickets as well. Rose also stated there will be a dedication for the new concession stand at Tower Park on Sunday at 1 pm.
- Downtown Park – Jeff stated the first had a great turnout. May 31st will be the next concert.
- HCUED – Mark informed Chamber that it was a very busy 1st quarter and that they recently hosted a tour from businesses from Japan as they employ 500 and have invested over $80 million.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Noted that they are promoting SSF on their website and stated they can only add flyers to their storefront a month prior to the event.
- HC Community Foundation – Michael noted that scholarship committee met and looked at the 130 applications. There will be an article in the Tab and Friday is the foundation’s 28th
- HCCSC Board – Superintendent’s resignation was accepted and Dr. Degitz (Principle at high school) resigned to take position at Huntington University. It was also noted there will be a referendum on the next ballot regarding additional programming and staffing.
- United Way – Kyle stated they are looking at 2019 campaign and that Kindercamp has been expanded to all 6 schools, guaranteed for the next 2 years. Looking for people to help out with 2019 campaign.
- Warren Town Council – Meeting on May 13th at 5 pm at the Annex. Town is doing some work on 3rd and Grover.
- Historic Warren – Becky noted they met with Paul Hayden last week for the application process for Indiana Landmarks.
- SSF – Cheryl stated pulled pork dinner will be May 19th from 11-1:30. There will also be a golf outing at Dogwood and the rock-a-thon around town. Next meeting will be May 14th at 6:30 and volunteers are needed.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Tamara noted that next events will be April 15th and 16th as well as May 4th.
- Beer/Wine Tasting –Jeff stated everything is ready for Saturday night!
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on August 7th.**