WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Wagon Wheel
Prayer led by Paul Burris
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- SSF – Cheryl stated that the SSF will run from July 3rd through the 7th and that the festival costs around $21,000. This is the 52nd SSF and flyers and shirts are now available.
- KBC – Denny gave lots of historic information on KBC. In July 1982, the schoolhouse was going to be closed and a group from community organized Warren Inc. and pledged $125,000 for the building. Clifford Knight matched the amount. KBC was used in 1992 when Southern Wells caught fire. In 1998, Garnet Bergman passed away and left money to KBC. KBC houses food pantry, houses bargain basement, and museum. KBC offers basketball program and t-ball program, playground is open to public, and rooms are available to rent out.
- Welcome Wagon–Tammy and Jane stated they have been running the Welcome Wagon for 6 months and have delivered 18 bags, with 12 being to Heritage Pointe townhouses and villas. Hoping to add more items to bags as they have received great feedback. Plan on passing out 10 bags this weekend.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast – Melinda has tickets available. Tickets are $8 in advance and $11 at the door. Breakfast is Friday July 5th at 7:30 at KBC.
- SSF– Volunteers are needed for the family fun freeway on Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Downtown Park – Jeff stated another great turnout. Next concert is June 28th.
- HCUED – Busy 1st half of year. 9 industrial projects creating 100 new jobs and 2 more projects will be announced this summer.
- HC Community Foundation – Michael noted that scholarship committee met and looked at the 130 applications with 15 being from Warren. $29,075 in total was given in scholarships.
- HCCSC Board – Meeting tonight and tomorrow in cafeteria at High School regarding repairs needed.
- United Way – Kyle stated that funds were used to help Boys and Girls Club Summer Camp and Kindercamp was expanded to all 6 schools.
- Historic Warren – Becky noted they are working on historic registration, takes about 2 years.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Tamara noted they are getting ready for SSF. There will be a yard art competition and art show.
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on August 7th.**