WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Golfo
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Star – LeAnn Buzzard noted that Star was a member of Hill Group and Chuck Kennedy runs the Huntington County office. They are a full service insurance shop with expertise in farm and crop. Have over 150 years of combined experience in their office and are able to work with more companies with being a part of Hill Group.
- HCUED – Mark Wickersham stated that HCUED is a 501(c)(3) and not a government unit that was formed in 1997.They currently have a 17 member Board of Directors. Strive to enhance economic base, promote industrial development, and serve as a concierge for industries in our community. In the last few years, they have done a lot of work in real estate development. Currently have 32 acres under construction in Markle and have already worked on 5 new projects this year.
- HU Work Day– August 28th, incoming freshman from Huntington University will be coming to Warren from 3-5 pm to do projects around the town. Email Jeremy with projects.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast– Breakfast will be July 2nd at 8 am and tickets are now available. Looking for volunteers to help with tickets, set up and tear down. Tickets are $9.50 in advance and $10 at the door.
- Ping Pong Table – All 6 sponsors are secured to purchase table and table has a 6-8 week production time. Lots of discussion on table placement, insurance, etc. to be discussed at next meeting.
- Downtown Park – It was motioned and approved to give $100.00 to KBC for allowing use of gym for concert.
- HC Community Foundation – Over $50,000.00 to Warren students in scholarships. Grant money given to Small World Preschool and this next grant cycle will include teachers.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Currently working on cleaning up the county and there is still a need for more housing. On June 8th, commissioners from Indiana are coming to Huntington County to tour local businesses. There is funds available for redevelopment, get your project ideas to Tom.
- United Way – Starting on 2021 campaign with Jay Peters as the sponsor. Kinder Camp is coming up, contact United Way to sign up and currently looking to raise $10,000.00 for Kinder Camp with a 1:1 match.
- Historic Warren – Car Show at Golfo went very well.
- SSF – Festival schedule for July 2-4 with lots planned. Flyers available soon and still looking for donations and sponsors.
- Taste of Warren – Scheduled for September 18.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
President – Jeremy Rufener
Vice President – Terry Miller
2nd Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term