WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Wagon Wheel
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- AFLAC – Aflac out of Fort Wayne discussed their supplemental insurance and benefits that are offered to small businesses.
- Scarecrow Festival– Krysta and Kari will be heading the festival again this year.
- HU Work Day– Work day is August 28th, let Jeremy know if you have any projects.
- Downtown Park – July 30th will be the Bulldogs concert. WAMA had a service at the park and over 100 people attended.
- HC Community Foundation – Fall grants start soon.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Jail is scheduled to be finished end of year and there will be new programs and community corrections for inmates.
- United Way – Kindercamp is starting soon and there has been a large number of kids sign up this year. Exciting program coming up with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Program.
- Warren Town Council – Looking into new housing options in Warren.
- Historic Warren – DNR is looking into boat/kayak launch in Warren – may take a few years.
- SSF – Cheryl noted there was a huge turnout and even had to turn people away at the fireworks and Melinda stated there was a great turnout and large ticket sale (79) for the Samuel Jones Breakfast.
- Taste of Warren – Scheduled for September 18.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
- Studio 7 nineteen is open 11-8 daily now
President – Jeremy Rufener
Vice President – Terry Miller
2nd Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term