WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Golfo
Prayer led by Rusty Strickler
- Introduction of chamber members and guests
- Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Bad Apple Graphics – Kelly Cupp, owner, has been operating Bad Apple for about 2 years in Van Buren. Specialize in apparel and large format printing. The company is about to do vinyl wraps on vehicles, signage of all kinds, plaques, and trophies; as well as provide custom orders. They have been working with local schools and businesses.
- Salamonie Summer Festival – Cheryl DeWeeese stated that the SSF events will be spread out from July 5 through mid-August. Thanked Chamber for monetary donation and noted that shirts were still for sale. The SSF schedule will be posted online and in the papers.
- Scarecrow Festival – The festival will be held Friday, October 30th. Volunteers needed.
- The Tab – Scott noted The Tab has been sold after 35 years. Minor changes anticipated.
- Downtown Park – First concert went well and around 200 people attended. Next concert will be July 18th – Atta Boy.
- HC Chamber – Steve noted that they have moved into their new building. Celebrate Huntington 2020 event will be held on August 22nd with food, beer/wine, band, car show, and Relay for Life. Farmers market starts next Wednesday the 8th at Central Christian Church.
- HC Community Foundation – Record 100 kids received scholarships with 15 kids in Warren receiving scholarships in $500-$5,000 increments. Gave away over $150,000 in scholarships this year and have given over $1 million since 1996. Spring grants are on hold and currently working with United Way on emergency relief fund.
- HC Council – Terry noted they have started working on jail expansion as well as different programs to have at the jail for inmates. Still working on securing location for 911 tower.
- United Way – Janet noted they are currently working on the “health and wellness” pillar and will host a virtual 5k in September, check Facebook for updates.
- Warren Town Council – Next meeting is July 13th at 5 pm at Annex.
- Historic Warren – Golfing Fundraiser will be held at Dogwood on July 18th at 8 am to raise money for park.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
- Taste of Warren – Hoping to hold event in the fall at Golfo.
- President – Jeff Souder
- Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
- Secretary – Leah Pursley
- Treasurer – Patti Bustos
- Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
- Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
- Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
- Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
- Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
- Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
- Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
- Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
- Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term