WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Kim’s Katered Affair
Prayer led by Ethan Stivers
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Indiana Landmarks – Paul Hayden spoke on behalf of Indiana Landmarks, a non-profit organization that acts as consultants to restore properties around Indiana. Partnership began with Historic Warren in 2015. The Heritage Program restores houses, buildings, etc. around Indiana. The organization provides grants for exterior rehab, historic design assistance, technical assistance, and approve draw requests. Mr. Hayden also discussed the Nation Register of Historic Places, which is a list of architectural structures or buildings; may qualify for Federal or State financial aid, and also provides protection – Section 106. Handouts were provided and many pictures were viewed of before and after properties.
- Chamber Website/Facebook – Jeff Souder stated that website hasn’t been updated since October 2018. We are paying for this service. Possible option stated was to use possible part time person to run this page.
- Applications – Due now, please get to Joanie.
- Chamber Bucks – please get applications turned in to be listed on Chamber Bucks.
- Huntington Co Business Expo – Steve stated that they are partnering with HCCS to have choirs, dance teams, performances, etc at the expo, which will be March 16th from 9-3. Applications are available to have booth at event.
- Downtown Park – Jeff stated that summer events need to be scheduled. Looking for 5-6 events to do the Final Friday of every month. Asking businesses to partner and sponsor events. Also looking for other events to be held any day of the week. Motion was made and seconded for Chamber to pay $1200.00 for event.
- HC Chamber – Hosting Social Media seminar on February 20th for $15 with lunch provided.
- HCUED – Mark Wickersham stated that 2018 was finished off with 10 industrial projects and that 2019 is off to a busy start.
- Warren Town Council – Meeting on February 11th at 5 pm.
- Historic Warren – Becky Souder mentioned they have Façade money available.
- SSF – Cheryl DeWeese noted that next meeting is February 12th at 6:30 at Civic Center. Programs will be printed in May, theme is picked, and volunteers are needed.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Projects are in the works with money raised at soup supper, will have art show at SSF.
- Beer/Wine Tasting – Wine and beer vendors confirmed and sponsors confirmed as well. Need to get glassware and tickets ordered. Members were asked to donate items for silent auction.
The next meeting will be held on March 6th.