WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Prayer led by Rusty Strickler
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Dawn Shane/Heritage Pointe of Warren – Dawn Shane informed members of current move in special of “pay 2 months, get 3rd free”. There is a Fine Arts program starting in March that is open to the public. There will be an educational night on March 10 that is open to the public regarding planning for the future.
- Monthly Spotlight – Sign-up sheet passed around. Facebook schedule also available.
- Fundraiser – Taste of Warren will be held May 2 at Golfo.
- Downtown Park – 5 out of 6 concerts are scheduled for this summer. Still looking for band for September. Sponsors are still needed and there will be banner with sponsor names. Vendors are welcome, but need to be cleared with Chamber. Will accept more bands/shows, does not have to be a part of concert series.
- April – Greg Rhodes
- May – Atta Boy
- June – Heartstone Crossing
- July – Bulldogs
- August – Kenny Taylor
- HC Community Foundation – Scholarship applications are open for high school and college students, applications are due March 18th and grant applications are due April 15th.
- HC Chamber – Moving into new facility next month and hoping to drive more jobs and internships. There will be changes coming soon to the Main Street Program.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Expansion of jail has been delayed a bit due to tower needing to be replaced/moved. Currently working on housing in community.
- HCCSC Board – There will be a meeting in March for high school. Currently working on Lancaster property and construction is in process for Roanoke Elementary.
- United Way – 2019 campaign is over and there will be a “Thank You” breakfast to celebrate. Preparing for next year’s and needing cabinet members.
- Historic Warren – National historic register passed the technical review stage and next stage takes about 1 year.
- SSF – Next meeting will be Tuesday February 11th at 6:30 pm at KBC. Logo has been picked and schedule is filling up.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Thanked everyone for attending the soup supper. Currently working on next year’s entertainment. There will be more scheduled events next month.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
Welcome Wagon – Always taking donations.
President – Jeff Souder
Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on March 4th, 2020.**