WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Son-Rise Bakery
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Welcome – Pastor Rusty Strickler opened in prayer.
Minutes of Previous Meeting – Were reviewed. Terry Miller motioned to approve, Bonnie Boxell
seconded. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report for January – Report was reviewed. Terry Miller motioned to approve, Joyce Buzzard
seconded. Motion carried.
• Son-Rise Bakery– Krysta Formal has had the bakery for five years. As of January 1st, 2023 they
became an LLC. They serve hot breakfast items all day long. They have a light lunch daily also.
They take special orders and do weddings, graduations, parties, etc. This year they will
coordinate their Final Friday Pie Night to coincide with the Final Friday concert series, April
• Welcome to our newest Chamber Board Member – Robert Neuenschwander.
• 2023 Chamber Membership – As of 1/19/23 we have 25 paid members. Last year we had 60
paid members. Please fill out the application and turn in payment this week to still receive the
full Chamber Benefits, thank you. As we are seeking to be fiscally responsible with the meals,
please add your phone number so we can call on the Monday before Chamber to get RSVP’s to
give to the caterer so they can be prepared for the meal.
• Samuel Jones Breakfast Friday of the SSF – We will be forming a committee to help coordinate
this event. We need volunteers please.
• Warren Community Easter egg hunt – Jane Trickle and Citizens Telephone Company has taken
over this event from the Salamonie Active Men. They have 1700 Easter eggs and she will plan to
bring them to the March meeting and is asking that several business take and fill !00 eggs, then
bring them back, filled, to the April meeting. Thanks for helping make this Community event
• Spotlight Business Sign-up sheet – We still have several available slots for our monthly business
spotlights, 2 per month. Thank you for spotlighting your business.
• Taste of Warren – 3/4/23 7-9 PM at Dogwood Glen. Tickets are $50 each and available for sale
at Bippus State Bank and Smekens Education. We have ten sponsors to date. Music is lined up,
Riley Lynn and the acoustic trio. Magician is ready to go. Please buy your tickets soon.
• Downtown Park – Concert Line-up is all set for 2023. We just got accurate specs to the concrete
contractor from the shade sail company. When the weather allows, they will install the poles.
With the updated specs it may cost us more.
• HCUED – Mark is in his 15th year and this has been the busiest year to date. 2022 involved 13
projects for $234 million. The average wage is $28.50/hour. Novae in Markle is adding 60 acre
project. They work on Utility trailers. Four types of trailers, 1. Flatbed open, 2. Fifth wheel
version, 3. Enclosed box trailer with doors, and 4. Dump trailer.
• HC Visitors’ Bureau – New website is scheduled to launch Monday, 2/6/23. Tina asks for
updated pictures to post. Reminder: New Event Grant for $1000 available through HCVB, &
• HC Community Foundation – Reviewing grant applications and will announce in March. Warren
Scholarship Application deadline is 3/23/23, please encourage Warren kids to apply. They are
also working on the “Early Childhood Coalition.”
• HC Council and Commissioner – Terry Miller says things are going well. There is good legislation
at the State for our county. There will be a housing study with specific data for Warren. Tom
Wall asks that we encourage businesses expanding to checkout Huntington County. We have a
lot of good things going on in Huntington County. The Sheriff’s Department has scrambled the
radio communications for the officers safety.
• HCCSC – Kari Heim is our newly elected School Board member. Today is their first strategic
meeting for the 5 year plan, 2023-2028.
• Historic Warren – Becky Souder handed out the 2022 Project Flyer which includes over 12
• SSF – Joyce Buzzard updated that we need donations for the fireworks. Paid $9200 as a
downpayment and we still owe, need to raise $9200. We are looking for sponsors for concerts.
We have a Dan’s fish and chicken fundraiser planned for May.
• Boys and Girls Club – The Club is moving to Tower Park Sportsman Building. They have a list of
supplies they could use and would appreciate any help we can provide. They need staff
computers, student computers, iPad, ring cameras for doors, sign for the outdoors, tables and
chairs, refrigerator and stand up freezer. They are now able to feed the kids when the kitchen is
Meeting adjourned. Next meeting will be March 1st, 2023.
President – Cheryl DeWeese
1st Vice President – Tammy Zehner
2nd Vice President – Krysta Fornal
Secretary – Melinda Daniels
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl DeWeese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Melinda Daniels 2023-2025 – 1st Term
Troy Drayer 2023-2025 – 1st Term
Robert Neuenschwander 2023-2025 – 1st Term