WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Wagon Wheel
Prayer led by Joel Arnold
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Thorne Insurance – Kevin Jackson stated they were a 4 generation family owned business and have been in business for 92 years and been in Warren since 1957. They have a Warren, North Manchester, and Wabash office. Specialize in home, auto, farm, and commercial insurance.
- 2020 Budget – Committee motioned for approval and chamber body voted yes, budget approved.
- Chamber Bucks – Josh informed that Chamber Bucks work just like checks and they work to put money back into the community and area businesses. Chamber Bucks will be promoted more in 2020. It was mentioned that maybe a name change to Chamber Gift Certificates would be beneficial.
- HCUED – Mark noted it has been a record year. There have been 19 projects this year and $60 million invested. 182 jobs have been created and the average wage has increased to around $23/hour.
- HCCSC Board – Held meeting last week and approved raise in salaries to some staff positions, such as custodians. January 18th there will be a work session at the high school to discuss issues.
- United Way – Wrapping up 2019 campaign. Applications for 501(c)3 grants are open. There will be a retirement party for Michael Howell on December 11th from 4-7 pm at the Forks of the Wabash.
- Warren Town Council – There will be a meeting on the 18th at 5 pm. Currently working on grant for new water tower, as current one needs to be replaced.
- Historic Warren – Thanked everyone for participating/attending the Holiday Walk/Festival of Trees, had a record 41 trees.
- SSF – Next meeting will be Tuesday January 14th at 6:30 pm at KBC.
President – Jeff Souder
Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on January 8, 2020.**
JANUARY 30, 2020 IS THE CUTOFF FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE RECEIVED IN ORDER FOR MEMBERS TO RECEIVE FULL CHAMBER BENEFITS.