WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Kim’s Katered Affair
Prayer led by Paul Burris
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Library – Robert stated that there are more libraries in the US than McDonalds. The library has over 51,000 electronic books and 81,000 books with only 2 staff members. Another successful summer reading program was just wrapped up and handouts were available for the library card sign up initiative again this year.
- Son-Rise – Krysta bought the bakery in November 2016 and moved into current building in 2017. Currently have 1 full time and 2 part time employees with the menu now featuring breakfast and light lunch options. Cold cases have been added with frozen meats, fresh eggs, and other market items. Bakery is open T-F 7a – 3p and S 7a – 12p.
- Scarecrow Festival–Kari and Krysta will be heading up the festival again this year and date is set for October 25. They will be combining with the Salamonie Harvest Fest this year.
- Bill Couch – Bill gave a wonderful and informational speech on some history of Warren. Thank you Bill for such an excellent speech!
- Downtown Park – Jeff stated they are looking at making the park non-smoking and he will be talking to the town. Moving forward, Chamber will have control over vendors that wish to set up booths at the park during concerts and other events. The Bulldogs will be coming back next summer for another concert. Phase 3 of the park project will consist of sidewalks and lighting, currently looking at grant options.
- HCCSC – Brian noted there will be a referendum on the upcoming ballot and to see him for details.
- United Way – Kyle stated that the campaign is up and running. Triathlon will be held on August 10th at Huntington YMCA.
- Historic Warren – Horse Pull will be held on August 24th at 6 pm.
- SSF – Next meeting will be August 13th at 6:30 pm at KBC.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Tamara noted they will be having the soup supper again during Festival.
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on September 4th.**