WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Warren Library – Robert stated there are over 17,000 libraries in the US. The Warren Library has 2 staff members and 478 active cardholders. Another successful summer reading program was just wrapped up and handouts were available for the library card sign up initiative again this year.
- Stylus Bill – Stylus bill motioned to be paid and was agreed on by attendees.
- Scarecrow Festival– Volunteers and committee members are needed.
- HCUED – Finishing up 6 industrial projects and Shuttleworth is working on doubling facility in Huntington.
- HC Chamber – Golf Outing on September 17th. Working on organizing a Constitution Day on September 17th for the 234th signing of the Constitution. October 2nd there will be a Harvest Festival in downtown Huntington.
- HC Community Foundation – Full ride scholarship applications are opened now for next year must live in Huntington Co. September 1st grants open for teacher’s classroom.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Working on moving into Victory Knoll. Jail is projected to be finished in September and then will begin work on old part.
- United Way – Working on starting up Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library with raising funds and hope to roll out project to community in 2022.
- Warren Town Council – Next meetings are August 9th and 23rd at 6 pm. Working on 11th Street water tower and water tank at Tower Park, also working on updating some wells and building new well house. Diamonds and dugouts to be updated at Tower Park.
- Historic Warren – Had about 450 people at last concert and Chalk Walk went very well. This will be the 10th year for the Holiday Walk.
- SSF – Working on next year, meeting August 10th at 6:30 at KBC.
- Taste of Warren – Scheduled for September 18.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
President – Jeremy Rufener
Vice President – Terry Miller
2nd Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term