WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Subway
Prayer led by Rusty Strickler
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Building Makeover – Josh Heim stated that chamber annex building will be getting a makeover soon! New flooring, updated kitchen/bathroom, LED lights, and new paint. If you have any ideas, please see Marilyn at the Town Hall.
- Nominating Committee – Josh asked for volunteers for the committee as we need to elect 3 new board members. Joanie Paxson, Becky Souder, and Susan Mills volunteered for the Nominating Committee.
- Scarecrow Festival – Kari Heim stated the festival will be October 26th. Flyers will be available soon and there will be trifolds available this year with information on the festival. Chamber members were encouraged to participate in the festival and decorate a scarecrow as well. Kari and Krysta Fornal noted they would like to offer different prizes this year. A few ladies from Chamber (Gina Canady, Leah Pursley, Jill Elsroth, and Rose Wall) have volunteered to help with the festival. There will be a meeting in the near future to discuss and plan.
- Downtown Park – Beck Souder noted that Phase 2 is complete, they are finishing up grant paperwork, and the possible name for park at the moment is Warren Riverside Park. They are currently working on the first event for the park.
- HC Chamber – Steve Kimmel noted that September 12th is the golf outing. On September 19th, there will be a Lunch-n-Learn on Customer Service and November 1st there will be a career day for 8th and 9th Steve also noted that East of Chicago was the September Business of the Month.
- HC Community Foundation – Michael Howell stated that Lily applications are due in September and grants will be due mid-October.
- HCUED – Mark Wickersham noted that construction is being started on site near highway. He also noted that the transaction with the cheese company was a private transaction. Mark thanked Jeff Souder and the town.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Jessica shared they are in their peak season. Currently running promotions through website, radio, and Facebook.
- United Way – Joy Koch stated they are underway with pacesetter campaign and September 26th the full campaign will kick off. The theme for this year is “Live United, Be Someone’s Hero”. Campaign brochures are available.
- Historic Warren – Becky noted that Donkey Basketball is October 11th at 6:30.
- SSF – Cheryl DeWeese noted that next meeting is next Tuesday at 6:30 at Civic Center and they will be discussing themes for next year. There will be a fundraiser on October 23rd at East of Chicago.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Josh Heim noted they will do soup supper again during Walk.
- Beer/Wine Tasting – Josh stated they are looking at Oak Hill Winery for event.
Announcements or Additional Comments:
- Renkenberger’s – Address: 2651 S Juniper St., Apt #403 Foley, Alabama 36535
- Concession Stand – Fundraiser Luncheon for new concession stand at Tower Park on Sep 23rd from 11-1. Handouts available.
The next meeting will be held on October 3rd at KBC.