WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Bravo’s
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Rustic River Outfitters –Ashley DeWeese gave overview of operations at Rustic Rivers. Specialty food items are available over weekend. Ice cream, nachos, meat and cheese tray, as well as beers and wines available any time. Event style location that holds weddings, parties, graduation parties, and rehearsal dinners, as well as canoe and kayak rentals with trips on the Salamonie and Wabash rivers. Currently expanding location to include another event center, cabins to rent, bourbon bar, and beach area. Open House scheduled for September 16th from 5-7 pm.
- Thorne Insurance – Kevin Jackson stated this is their 93rd year in business with a 4 generation owned company. 3 locations in Warren/Huntington area, Wabash, and North Manchester that serve 8 states. Independent company with 16 agents specializing in home, auto, farm, and commercial insurance.
- Nominating Committee – Nicole, Becky, and Rose volunteered for the nominating committee.
- Scarecrow Festival– Volunteers and committee members are needed. There will be food trucks at this year’s festival as well as an actual costume parade. Flyers available soon.
- Downtown Park – 2 concerts in September. September 11 – Time Travelers and September 24 – Atta Boy.
- HCUED – Have added 2 more projects to the list and over $12 million invested in county.
- HC Chamber – Golf Outing on September 17th. Working on organizing a Constitution Day on September 17th for the 234th signing of the Constitution. October 2nd there will be a Harvest Festival in downtown Huntington.
- HC Community Foundation – September 1st grants open for teacher’s classroom and have now been expanded to preschools and daycares with no caps. Next grant cycle due September 30th.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Working on county budget.
- United Way – Working on starting up Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library with raising funds for the first 2 years of the program and hope to roll out to community in 2022. Kyle will be transitioning out of his role as CEO.
- Warren Town Council – Next meetings are September 13th and 27th at 6 pm at the Annex.
- Historic Warren –This will be the 10th year for the Holiday Walk. Entry forms available at next Chamber meeting.
- SSF – Working on next year, meeting September 14th at 6:30 at KBC.
- Taste of Warren – Rescheduled for October 9th from 6-9 pm.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
President – Jeremy Rufener
Vice President – Terry Miller
2nd Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term