WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Golfo di Napoli
Prayer led by Paul Burris
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Historic Warren – Becky Souder and Angie Elzroth stated that Historic Warren has been a member of Indiana Main Street for 10 years and they are a 501(c)(3) not for profit. They assist the community in promoting/marketing for local businesses as well as assisting with the revitalization of downtown and historic buildings. They help to give money back to the community to help get buildings up to date and make sure the structure is sound. They are currently in the second phase of being added to the Historic Register and started the process in 2018. They help with and host many events, such as golfing fundraiser, park bench project for the downtown park, sponsor Final Friday concerts, Donkey Basketball, and the Christmas Tree Walk. This will be the 9th year for the Christmas Tree Walk, it will be held on Friday, November 20th.
- Board Nominations – The following individuals were selected as board nominations: Cheryl DeWeese, Jeremy Rufener, Rose Broyles, Paul Burris, Andrew Fisher, and Kyle Metzger.
- Christmas Cards – Josh Heim discussed the Chamber having a Christmas card this year to hand out to public. 1 student will be selected from Salamonie School as the winner to have their design on the card. 5,000 cards will be ordered and JH Pottery Works will cover the cost of printing. The cards will be available at local businesses for a free will donation.
- Downtown Park – There have been some church services held at park recently which has gone very well. Received the bid for Phase 3 of park, bid came in at $137,000. Phase 3 would cover a large sidewalk/concrete project, 9 light posts with bench like seating, shade sails, and landscaping. Currently working on getting bands scheduled for next year’s concert series.
- HC Chamber – Huntington will be having a Veteran’s Parade on November 7th. The Chamber will start hosting Power Lunches with local businesses and HU students to help students with internships and getting their foot in the door with local businesses.
- HC Community Foundation – Grant applications are back open and are due October 15th. There is also classroom education grant funds available to help local teachers. Emergency Funds are still available as well.
- United Way – Trunk or Treat will be help on October 29th from 5-8 pm at 4H fair grounds, check out website for more information.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Working on wrapping up budget currently. County has received $1.75 million in covid relief to help out local businesses. A new body scanner has been ordered for the jail. Victory Knoll was just bought by the county, the 911 center will be moved there as well as the community correction center; they will focus on opening a new mental health facility on the campus. Norwood Nursing Home was also obtained by the county.
- Warren Town Council – Next meeting is October 19th and town received $700,000 in grant money for the water system. Love Inc is also looking for new board members.
- SSF – Festival is set for July 2-4 of next year. Currently needing sponsors for events. The next meeting will be in January.
- CAO – October 24th from 9-2 there will be an open house at Homespun Market.
- Scarecrow Festival – Festival will be held October 30th from 6-8 pm. Needing volunteers to help set up event.
- Taste of Warren – This event will be held next year.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
President – Jeff Souder
Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term