WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Subway
Prayer led by Pastor Ethan Stivers
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- United Way – Kyle noted that the small business blitz is underway and that the United Way of Huntington County Board is going to be in need of new members soon and are looking for individuals with backgrounds in legal, HR, and accounting.
- Bippus State Bank –Patti stated that this is the bank’s 4th year in Warren. Bippus has a new President, Eric Fawcett, and Bippus State Bank of Warren really loves supporting the Warren community.
- HCCSC –Superintendent Chad Daugherty gave informative presentation on Huntington North project. Handouts were available. Thank you for the information Chad!
- Board Nominations – There will be 3 board positons open and the nominees are as follows:
Leah Pursley – Heritage Pointe of Warren
Kyle Metzger – United Way
Terry Miller – East of Chicago
Robert Neuenschwander – Warren Library
Kevin Jackson – Thorne Insurance
Andrew Fisher – Warren Church of Christ
- Scarecrow Festival – Krysta and Kari had posters available to hang up in business as well as entry form for Chili Cook-off and Scarecrow. If you would like a booth, please call Kari.
- Insurance – Josh stated that coverage was added to Chamber policy for $270.00/year.
- Downtown Park – Jeff stated that Final Fridays were finished up and that they need to start booking acts for next year. Thanked sponsors and noted that a donation bucket will be passed at each concert next year.
- HCUED – Mark stated it has been a busy year! On average, there is 10-12 industrial projects a year and currently there has been 16 so far this year, with $60 million being invested.
- HCCF – Michael noted that scholarship interviews start tomorrow and their board announced that Mitch will be taking over for Michael and he will bring him next month.
- Warren Town Council – Ethan noted that work at 3rd and Grover are almost done and sidewalks are being improved. 48 street lights will be replaced and it was noted that election is November 5th.
- Historic Warren – Becky noted that Holiday Walk and Festival of Trees will be November 22nd from 5-8 and has forms available.
- SSF – Next meeting will be Tuesday at 6:30 pm at KBC, currently working on schedule for next year.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Tamara noted they will have soup supper at Holiday Walk. Cost is $12 with a bowl and there will be a free puppet show at 6 pm.
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on November 6, 2019.**