WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved
- Gebhart’s Floral Barn – Josh and Kari Heim have owned the greenhouse for 8 years now. They are a full service floral shop and have a pottery studio. Contact them to design unique planters.
- Son-Rise Bakery – Krysta Fornal has owned the bakery for 5 years. They offer breakfast and lunch items (both hot and cold). They offer custom orders of all shapes and sizes. Pie and Coffee nights will correlate with Final Friday concerts.
- Andy McCord – Part of 88 Entertainment and has 27 years radio experience. Stated 62% of the US population listens to internet radio. Offer Gospel Praise Radio and Radio 80’s in Northeast Indiana. Currently offering commercial spots for local Warren businesses.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast – The Committee is almost ready to go for the breakfast! Tickets will be available at next meeting. Nominees are due June 1st and breakfast is July 1st at 8 am.
- Budget Item(s) – Monies moved from Taste of Warren to give $1000.00 to SSF, body approved. $400.00 budgeted for downtown flowers. Terry Miller and Terry Miller II each donated $200.00. Total of $800.00 available for downtown flowers.
- Downtown Park – Currently 15 events scheduled for this summer: 6 concerts, 8 church events, 1 family fun day.
- HCUED – Currently have 3 projects in the works and have done 5 projects this year totaling $
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Tina Dish stepping into the Executive Director role, currently ran program for 7 years. Working on getting acclimated with the role.
- HC Community Foundation – Scholarships to be picked in next day or two totaling $180,000.00 with $32,000.00 going to Warren students. Next grant cycle will be in July.
- HC Council – Jail expansion/remodel project is wrapping up. New 911 tower is now working.
- United Way – Working on finishing impact interviews and getting funds out to where needed in community.
- Warren Town Council – Working on beautification of town. Replacing snowflakes downtown and paving alley Wayne to Matilda as well as some other “well-traveled” alley ways. Working on Wayne Street Reconstruction and finishing up water project.
- Historic Warren – Historic application has been approved at the State level.
- SSF – Theme will be Homemade Happiness and will be held July 1-4th. Golf outing on June 4th and there are only 6 team spots left.
President – Terry Miller
Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
2nd Vice President – Tammy Zehner
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term