WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Prayer led by Rusty Strickler
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Spotlight Business Sign-up – Sign-up sheet was passed around to members to sign-up to speak at monthly meetings.
- Sponsor Benches – Salamonie Schools and Historic Warren have teamed up for Salamonie students to collect bottle caps to make benches for new park. 250 pounds of bottle caps + $350 will generate one 8 foot bench. Currently have enough bottle caps for 6 benches, benches will feature sponsor plaques. Historic Warren is sponsoring 2 benches and Chamber will sponsor 2. Bottle caps can be dropped off at Salamonie.
- Chamber Website/Facebook – Josh mentioned that posts are scheduled now for spotlight businesses on the Facebook page. Posts will generate on the website as well. Send information regarding business to Steve and Josh, make sure to like/share our posts on Facebook.
- Downtown Park – Jeff stated that 6 acts have been booked for April through September. Currently working on sponsors. Chamber is donating $1,500 to help fund events and donations are still needed.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Updating Spring and Summer calendar and finalizing advertisements.
- HC Community Foundation – Michael noted that March 25th scholarships are due and April 15th is the 1st grant cycle.
- HCCSC Board – Brian informed that Lancaster has not been sold and is up for potential demolition. Herald Press article provided misinformation.
- United Way – Wrapping up campaign and $9,000 of new money was brought in. Funds to be used to help with Kinder Program.
- Warren Town Council – Meeting on March 11th at 5 pm at the Annex.
- Historic Warren – Becky Souder mentioned they are working with Salamonie on the benches project.
- SSF – Cheryl DeWeese noted that next meeting is March 12th at 6:30 at Civic Center. Schedule is filling up and sponsors are needed.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Art show will be at SSF, on Saturday of SSF there will be a kids program from 4-6:30 involving yard/garden art. Art Classes will now be held at KBC once a month; first program will be March 25th. It will be a free kids pour painting class, sign up on Facebook.
- Beer/Wine Tasting –Members were asked to donate items for silent auction, give items to Becky or Joanie. Posters and tickets are now available.
The next meeting will be held on April 3rd.