WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Bravo’s
Prayer led by Andrew Fisher
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Son-Rise Bakery – Krysta Fornal bought the bakery in November 2016. Son-Rise services hot breakfast and lite lunch options and the case is always stocked with goodies. They also have farm fresh eggs and local meat in the cold cases. Ice Cream will return April 1st and Pie/Coffee Nights will be at the end of the month with proceeds going to cause in the community.
- D. Wall – Tom Wall stated that aside from local location, they also have locations in Ohio and Florida. They supply sports chaises, livestock trailers, and trailers for RV, horse, and water crafts. They are the #3 dealer for pin trailers which are used for show animals. They also offer popper boxes and were able to give away 25 boxes to youth.
- Boys and Girls Club – There will be a summer program in Warren, have raised money for half the summer and are hopeful to raise more money to be able to run all 8 weeks. The club is open on school cancellation days in Warren till 5:30, they will also help with e-learning.
- Billboard – Payment was renewed for year. Joyce motioned and Bonnie second to add “Troubled? Try Prayer.” to bottom of billboard, wont infringe on billboard, cost Chamber any money, or advertise another business.
- Downtown Park – August 28th will be Kenny Taylor for Finaly Friday and Cook n Bell is booked for September.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Working on updating 2020 guides.
- HC Community Foundation – Scholarship applications are due March 18th and Grants are due April 15th.
- HC Council or Commissioner – 911 tower will be moved to help improve lower half of the county. There will be a news conference on Monday for Covid-19.
- HCCSC Board – Next work session is March 29th at 9 am.
- United Way – “Thank You” Breakfast will be March 18th at 8 am.
- Warren Town Council – There will be a public hearing on March 16th at 6 pm for grant for $1.6 million project for water tower, lines, etc.
- SSF – Needing more sponsors.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
President – Jeff Souder
Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term