WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Wednesday, March1, 2023
Lunch provided by Esmeralda’s 2 (They graciously donated all of the leftovers for a local Food Ministry in
Huntington. Thanks to Nicole Johnson for delivering the food to Huntington).
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Welcome – Pastor Troy Drayer opened in prayer.
Minutes of Previous Meeting – Were reviewed. Joyce Buzzard motioned to approve, Terry Miller
seconded. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report for February – Report was reviewed. Terry Miller motioned to approve, Tammy
Zehner seconded. Motion carried.
• Star Insurance– LeAnn Buzzard has worked for Star for 37 years this June. They have four agents
who work in the Huntington office with a combined 150 years of service. They mainly do Ag
insurance, and also do personal insurance. They are proud to be locally owned and serve
Huntington County and NE Indiana with offices in Columbia City, downtown Fort Wayne and
have several agents who work remotely.
• Knight Bergman Center – Denny Stroud shared they have finished the new concession stand, and
the bathrooms by the gym last fall. They have 119 kids involved in the basketball program which
has about 2 weeks left of the season. They host a pickle ball program Thursday nights which
wants to expand when the basketball is done. Will be celebrating their Centennial in 2025 and
are planning that celebration including opening up a time capsule. Many community projects
and assistance programs occur at the KBC.
• Final Friday’s – Concert flyers are now available!
• Samuel Jones Breakfast Friday of the SSF – We will be forming a committee to help coordinate
this event, thank you for volunteering to help. They will be helping to plan this event and will be
choosing the Community Service Award Winner. A Facebook post requesting nominations for
the Award will be made. We will list all past award winners.
• Taste of Warren – 3/4/23 7-9 PM at Dogwood Glen. Tickets are SOLD OUT! We have eleven
sponsors to date. Music is lined up, Riley Lynn and the acoustic trio. Magician is ready to go.
Budget is $2,000, goal is $4,000, and have raised $8,000 to date!
• Spotlight Business Sign-up sheet – We still have several available slots for our monthly business
spotlights, 2 per month. Thank you for spotlighting your business.
• Warren Community Easter egg hunt – Jane Trickle and Citizens Telephone Company has taken
over this event from the Salamonie Active Men to be a Chamber event. Jane has 16 boxes with 110 eggs
each to be filled, then please bring them to the April meeting. Thanks for helping make
this Community event successful.
• 2023 Chamber Membership/Window Clings. Motion carried. Will get ordered.
• Downtown Park – Concert flyers are available for distribution. Currently working on forms to
pour the concrete for the poles for the shade sails. With the updated specs it may cost us more.
• Huntington County Chamber – They host the Huntington County Connections at 8:00 AM at
Habeggar Dining Commons at Huntington University monthly. 3/14/23 will be their 175 year
• HC Visitors’ Bureau – New website is up! VisitHuntington.org. Highlighting itineraries for
destination Huntington County, focusing on the variety of many things to do. Currently building
trip ideas and updating regularly. Reminder: New Event Grant for $1000 available through
HCVB, & HCCF.
• HC Community Foundation – Warren Scholarship Application deadline is 3/23/23, please
encourage Warren kids to apply. Many new applications open. Substance abuse help
applications are due 4/13/23, Prevention, Treatment and Recovery emphasis.
• HC Council and Commissioner – Terry Miller says things are good and moving forward.
Meetings are open to the public the 4th Monday of the month at 7 pm on the 2nd floor of the
Courthouse. Work release program is moving ahead. We need more housing in Huntington
County and there is a Joint Housing Symposium out of Fort Wayne.
• Warren Town Council – Steve Buzzard reported that the Town of Warren has a new generator.
They are currently working on updating personnel guidelines.
• Historic Warren – Car show is 5/20/23 11 am – 5 pm at Heritage Pointe of Warren. Live band 2-5 pm.
Drawings throughout the day, Goody bags for each registrant. Thanks to Crain Ford and Hy-
Line for sponsoring the event. Two Food vendors and some craft vendors are scheduled. HP will
be planning tours and special events. Papers have been signed for the CEDIT funds for help with
the structural repairs needed at The Exchange.
• SSF – Joyce Buzzard updated that we need donations for the fireworks. We have a Dan’s fish and
chicken fundraiser planned for May 19, 2023, Friday, drive-thru.
• Boys and Girls Club – The Club is moving to Tower Park Sportsman Building. They have a list of
supplies they could use and would appreciate any help we can provide. They handed out papers
with a QR code to scan for their Amazon Wish List. Working towards an opening date of June
Please make sure everyone has signed the attendance sheet.
Thank you for your participation in the Warren community!
Meeting adjourned. Next meeting will be April 5th, 2023.
President – Cheryl DeWeese
1st Vice President – Tammy Zehner
2nd Vice President – Krysta Fornal
Secretary – Melinda Daniels
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl DeWeese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder to fulfill 2023 term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Melinda Daniels 2023-2025 – 1st Term
Troy Drayer 2023-2025 – 1st Term
Robert Neuenschwander 2023-2025 – 1st Term