WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Prayer led by Pastor Ethan Stivers
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting
Business Spotlight – Professional Hearing Care and Bread of Life Food Pantry
- Kelsey Tomlin, of Professional Hearing Care shared that they do comprehensive hearing evaluations, service and sell hearing aids and supplies, perform fittings, and perform Tinitus care. They have 2 locations in Marion and Warren.
- Rose Broyles, from Bread of Life, thanked everyone for donations over the years. She went over their expenses for 2016 and said that they served 143 households, which equated to 451 people between newborn to 94 years old. She said she has been very blessed and thanked the community again for all of their support.
Salamonie Summer Festival Update – Brittney Morton gave an update on the festival. They’ve sold 3,000 tickets so far between the rodeo, the concert and the War Games. They still need volunteers. She played the commercial that will be on K105 and we watched the commercial that will show on 21Alive. She handed out brochures of the events for people to pass out. Cheryl DeWeese thanked everyone for the donations. Gina Canady asked for helpers with the trash and said there were more trash cans available if anyone wanted to sponsor one. Josh Heim talked about the art show. Vickie Grimm reminded everyone that the VIP tickets for the Aaron Watson concert are for presale only. Rosie Wall talked about the Samuel Jones Breakfast and passed around a sheet for volunteers for signup and help on Thursday at 5:00. Tickets are available at the Town Hall, EoC and IAB. The price is $9.50 in advance and $11.00 at the door. The Breakfast is Friday morning at 7:00.
- Website/Social Media – Nicole Johnson stated that the artwork is complete for our social media and she showed the artwork to the group. There are still a few hiccups with the website. We don’t yet have complete control over it, but are currently re-directing the site to our work site in the meantime. We should have the site switched over from GoDaddy by July.
- Park – Jeff Souder showed the poster of the park that is displayed at East of Chicago and talked about some donations they have received.
- Rosie reiterated what she had said previously about the Samuel Jones Breakfast
- Nicole Johnson completely dropped the ball and didn’t make notes on updates from the different community organizations. She is very sorry!