WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Kim’s Katered Affair
Prayer led by Paul Burris
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Russ Degitz/Huntington University – Russ Degitz informed members on upcoming capital projects, such as updating HUB (Student Center), PLEX (Athletic Complex; adding community space), building Animal Science Center, and the UB Building downtown Huntington. The Phoenix location is now offering an Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program. Funds are being raised to help assist these projects.
- Monthly Spotlight – Sign-up sheet passed around. The following spots are still available: February (2 businesses), May (1 business), June (2 businesses), August (1 business), September (2 businesses), November (1 business), and December (2 businesses).
- Applications – Applications available and due by 1/31 to receive full Chamber benefits.
- Fundraiser – Question posed as to if Chamber would like to continue the wine/beer tasting. It was discussed that event be held at Golfo and Terry Miller was to check on this. Chair person is needed for this event.
- Downtown Park – 5 out of 6 concerts are scheduled for this summer. Still looking for band for September. Sponsors are still needed and there will be banner with sponsor names. Vendors are welcome, but need to be cleared with Chamber. Will accept more bands/shows, does not have to be a part of concert series.
- April – Greg Roads
- May – Atta Boy
- June – Heartstone Crossing
- July – Bulldogs
- August – Kenny Taylor
- HC Community Foundation – Scholarship applications are open for high school and college students, applications are due March 18th.
- HC Commissioner – Looking to fill 3 positions – tourism board, Warren planning commission, and ?? board for taxes. Tom stated he would be running for another term and will start hosting a Coffee with Commissioner on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
- HCCSC Board – January 18th there will be a work session at the high school to discuss issues at 9 am.
- United Way – Wrapping up 2019 campaign. Applications for 501(c)3 grants are open. Looking for volunteers for tax prep program.
- Warren Town Council – There will be a meeting on the 20th at 5 pm. Currently looking to hire new town manager.
- Historic Warren – Working on Historic Registry.
- SSF – Next meeting will be Tuesday January 14th at 6:30 pm at KBC.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. More info will be available in 2020 on the gift certificates.
KBC Basketball Program is in need of coaches
February 8th from 8-12: Colclasure Denistry will be hosting Give Kids Smile for those without insurance to help with fillings, cleanings, and extractions.
President – Jeff Souder
Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
**The next meeting Chamber meeting will be held on February 5th, 2020.**
JANUARY 30, 2020 IS THE CUTOFF FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE RECEIVED IN ORDER FOR MEMBERS TO RECEIVE FULL CHAMBER BENEFITS.