WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Wagon Wheel
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Welcome – Pastor Troy Drayer opened in prayer.
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved
• Warren United Church of Christ – Pastor Troy Drayer shared that the church desires to grow
their outreach/ministry to the youth. They have hired a new youth director, Takarra Myers. She
and her family recently moved here from Fort Wayne.
• Bread of Life Food Pantry – Rose Broyles shared that the food pantry began in the early 1990’s.
They try to meet the people where they are at, and try to provide what they desire and need.
High on the list of items wanted are avocados, turnips, onions, potatoes, bananas, corn, all kinds
of squash, etc. They also offer Venison and lamb periodically. She is very thankful for the
abundant support and many donations from the Warren area and local farmers, thank you!
They are the 2nd largest food pantry in Huntington County, and are open every Wednesday 52
weeks per year. Exception, they are open on Monday before Thanksgiving.
• Goals and focus for the Warren Area Chamber of Commerce – We desire to promote and
support local area businesses, the town of Warren and surrounding area while working together.
• Filling an open board member term – Kevin Jackson turned in his resignation as he has taken a
new job and will no longer be able to fulfill this position. The Board of Directors will be following
our by-laws to appoint his replacement.
• The Boys and Girls Club will be moving out to Tower Park into the old Sportsman’s Club building.
How may we help them as a Chamber? Gina Canady informed us that they do have a “wishlist”
and we may want to contact Mandy Reber to obtain a current list.
• 2023 Chamber Membership – please be sure to submit your 2023 applications by January 31st to
receive your full benefits and be included in the updated lists.
• Spotlight Business Sign-up sheet– We still have a several available slots to be filled for our
monthly Spotlight Business presentations: February x1, March x2, April x1, May x2, July x2,
August x1, September x2, November x1 and December x1.
• Downtown Park – Concert Line-up is all set for 2023. Still needing some sponsors. Very close on
getting accurate specs to the concrete contractor from the shade sail company.
• HC Visitors’ Bureau – Visitor guides are here for distribution today. Meeting with an Ad Agency
to develop a stronger professional image and presence.
• HC Community Foundation – Many opportunities for non-profit grants.
• HC Council and Commissioner – Working together with many county entities for the Opioid
cessation and tobacco cessation programs to promote healthier lifestyles. The mental health
facilities are going well. Work release programs are growing and need more advocates.
• HCCSC – Working together to promote & repair the family unit. Throughout the school district
many facility upgrades are underway and planned for the future too.
• United Way – Jennie’s son is at Riley Hospital, she is thankful for continued prayers.
• Warren Town Council – Steve Buzzard welcomes new Council member Jeremy Rufener. The
municipal budget passed and that will lower our taxes. Town has been repairing water leaks.
• Historic Warren – We still have a few items for sale at The Exchange, see Becky if interested.
• SSF – Planning is going well. Still need to raise support for the fireworks as the cost has again
increased. Next meeting will be next Tuesday, 1/10/23 at the KBC 6:30 PM.
• Taste of Warren – Five Sponsors to date. Tickets will be $50 each. Scheduled for March 4, 2023
at Dogwood Glen Golf Course 7:00-9:00 PM. Next meeting 1/12/23.
• Steve Justus from Congressman Jim Banks office affirmed that the office is passionate about
protecting our nations’s borders. They are proud of their constituent services. They are
available, and offer their services if you have a need.
• Joe Wiley updated that there are grants available to help the schools provide needed supplies
and personal hygiene products for students in need.
• Jeremy Rufener invited us to The Forks of the Wabash 1/26/23 8AM for Jim O’Donnells’
Economic update. 125 capacity, please RSVP.
President – Cheryl Deweese
1st Vice President – Tammy Zehner
Secretary – Melinda Daniels
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Melinda Daniels 2023-2025 – 1st Term
Troy Drayer 2023-2025 – 1st Term
(Kevin Jackson 2023-2025 – 2nd Term) resigned, board will appoint a replacement per the bylaws.