WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago Pizza
Prayer led by Andrew Fisher
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Warren Public Library – Robert Neuenschwander stated that the WPL celebrated their 102nd Birthday on June 16th, as the library was started June 16, 1916. The library was originally set up over the jewelry store downtown and only had 100 books on one shelf. The current library was built where the jail once was; construction started in 1918 and was finished in 1920. The cost to build the library was $11,500. The library has 2 employees – Robert and Susan and currently has over 19,000 books. Story Time will be starting soon as well as guest speakers.
- Wagon Wheel – Laura Shideler has owned the Wagon Wheel for two years and worked for the previous owner for ten years. 70% of sales last year were food and there is a substantial food menu available. The parking lot did not come with the facility and was purchased by Laura this year; there will be concerts this summer.
- Board Officers 2019 – Nicole announced Officers for 2019. Josh Heim – President, Jeff Souder – Vice President, Leah Pursley – Secretary, and Joanie Paxson – Treasurer.
- Lighting for Stage at Downtown Park – Jeff Souder stated that it will cost up to $750 to purchase lights for the stage and that this does not include hard wiring. Nicole stated the funds would come from the Beer/Wine Account. Jeff made a motion to purchase lights and Scott Trauner seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bylaws – Nicole noted that the Bylaws were reviewed by the board members last week and were approved for 2019.
- Budget – Nicole mentioned that the board members reviewed the proposed budget and that $200 needed to be added to line 25 for new member flowers. Flowers are given to new businesses as they come to town as well as a 1 year Chamber Membership. Board motioned for 2019 budget to be accepted and Kyle Metzger seconded motion.
- Board Members 2019 – Nicole announced the following individuals as Board Members for 2019: Josh Heim, Jeff Souder, Leah Pursley, Nicole Johnson, Jeremy Rufener, Rose Wall, Melinda Daniels, Cheryl DeWeese, and Patti Bustos.
- Welcome Wagon – Jane Trickle and Tammy Zehner noted that they took 9 bags out in November with 7 of them being to Townhouse and Villa residents at Heritage Pointe. They were well received with the new residents.
- HC Chamber – Steve Kimmel stated that they are a satellite office for the Fort Wayne SCORE area to mentor new business owners. March 16th will be the Business Expo.
- HC Community Foundation – Michael Howell stated that they are meeting with the 4 finalists for Lily scholarships next Wednesday. The foundation received matching grant of up to $500,000 for Lily.
- HCCSC Board – Joe Wiley noted that the farmland at Salamonie was up for renewal this year. Lancaster and Northwest schools are now listed for sale.
- United Way – Joy Koch mentioned they were continuing on the campaign trail. Participated in Giving Tuesday throughout the month of November by restocking school supplies at their funded partners in the education pillar. Kyle noted that Impact Funding is open and info is on the website about applying. This is the 15th year for the 211 call center based in Allen Co United Way which provides information on various resources.
- Historic Warren – Becky Souder thanked those who participated in the Holiday Walk and Festival of Trees. They are applying for downtown Warren to be recognized by Indiana Landmark.
- SSF – Cheryl DeWeese noted that next meeting is January 8th at 6:30 at Civic Center. Programs will be printed in May.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Josh Heim noted they sold 160 tickets for the soup supper and are now deciding where to donate the profits.
The next meeting will be held on January 2nd.