WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Rufener Financial – Jeremy Rufener is in the process of starting businesses in Indianapolis and Michigan. Can care for all personal financial needs. New program called Prism that will help churches with their finances and usually they can find substantial savings for them.
- Budget and Bylaws 2021– Jeremy explained that there were not many fund raising opportunities for 2020 so some numbers had to be cut back a little to keep us in the black. The budget for the flower pots in town will be discussed 2021 after we can see how far the budget can be stretched for that line item. Presenting the budge was motioned and Terry Miller second.
- 2021 Chamber Membership – Applications are available and are due by end of January 2021 for full chamber benefits.
- Christmas Cards – Josh Heim presented the Christmas cards made by Salamonie students. Cards will be at local businesses and donations will be accepted for them. Thank you to Bad Apple Graphics for printing.
- Marking Warren Beautiful – It was urged that businesses take a look at their properties and see if they can clean it up and fix items that need attention.
- Downtown Park – Jeff is working on getting concerts scheduled for next year’s Final Fridays concert series and currently has 5 of the 6 acts booked. It was approved by the chamber body to give $1500.00 to the concert series.
- HC Community Foundation – There are 3 Warren applicants in current grant cycle and 5 teachers from Salamonie have received classroom grants. $1250.00 was given to Bread of Life food pantry for Thanksgiving and $5000.00 was given to WAMA.
- United Way – Currently in the peak of campaign season, but Covid-19 relief fund is still available to businesses that are in need. There are Bedtime Boxes this year in conjunction with Giving Tuesday, to encourage kids to develop a healthy nighttime routine.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Huntington County Covid Task Force is now meeting every other week as positivity rate in the county is at 10%.
- Warren Town Council – Finishing up grant stage for the new water tower/system.
- SSF – Festival is set for July 2-4 of next year. Currently needing sponsors for events. The next meeting will be in January.
- Historic Warren – 2 weeks till Holiday Walk, currently have 32 trees and 13 gingerbread houses.
- CAO – Will host drive thru soup supper at KBC during the Holiday Walk from 5-6:30.
- Scarecrow Festival – Krista thanked all for coming and helping with the event.
- Taste of Warren – This event will be held next year.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
Lunch Schedule – With Kim’s Katered Affair closing, we are down to 4 businesses for lunches: Bravos, Golfo, Wagon Wheel, and East of Chicago. Going to check and see if Son-Rise would be interested.
Nicole Johnson is in charge of senior after prom this year and they are selling all types of gift cards since other fundraisers are not an option this year. Contact her for any gift card need.
*Please be courteous of RSVP’ing to meetings so we may get an accurate count for lunch.*
President – Jeremy Rufener
Vice President – Terry Miller
2nd Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Thank you to Patti Bustos for taking notes this meeting!!