WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Welcome and call to order by Jeremy Rufener, followed by Ethan Stivers leading us in prayer.
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- 2022 Budget – Becky Souder motioned to add $1500.00 line item for concert series and Joanie Paxson second. After discussion, split $2500.00 for SSF in half for concert series and SSF. Will allocate more funds that come in. Terry Miller motioned to approve budget with amended line item and David Kenting second. Motion passed by body.
- 2022 Chamber Membership – Jeremy asked for applications to be in by end of January to receive all the perks of Chamber.
- Downtown Park – Lights added at park for Holiday season.
- Huntington County Visitor’s Bureau – Terry Miller, Jr. explained that he is the Vice President for the Visitor’s Bureau and they are looking to hire a new executive director after the holidays.
- HC Community Foundation – Finished up grant cycle, Downtown Park and Opera House receive funds, as well as 5 teachers from Salamonie.
- HC Council – New wing of jail will be opening soon and lots of business opportunities will be coming in new year.
- HCCSC Board – New area of Learning Center opened in fall, doubling their space. New outdoor facility at HN will be open next spring. Looking for ideas as to what to do with pool at Salamonie, which will also be getting new boilers/chillers and roof.
- Warren Town Council – 2022 budget is set and was approved by State. Looking for replacement for Ethan.
- Historic Warren – Walk of Trees went well, 32 trees and 43 people/businesses involved.
- SSF – Next meeting is second Tuesday in January at KBC. Cost of fireworks has increased to $16,000.00, donations welcome.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus State Bank. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
President – Jeremy Rufener
Vice President – Terry Miller
2nd Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Krysta Fornal 2021-2023 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2021-2023 – 1st Term