WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Prayer led by Paul Burns
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- East of Chicago – Terry Miller stated they are unsure when buffet will reopen as they are following Covid precautions. They are now stocking Ben & Jerry ice cream, Byers ice cream, and have a pinball machine. Open for dine in, carry out, and delivery.
- Warren Public Library – Robert Neuenschwander noted that the library is a century fixture and just celebrated 100 years. The library was originally started downtown with only 100 books. There is now over 18,000 books and 2 staff members. The library is part of the Evergreen Program, meaning they can get books from other libraries. September is National Library Card Sign Up Month, forms were available for businesses to sign up and participate.
- Scarecrow Festival – The festival will be held Friday, October 30th from 6-8 pm. Volunteers needed.
- Downtown Park – There have been 3 concerts so well and all are going well. Next concert is Saturday the 15th with Greg Rhodes. Have collected around $1,000 at concerts by passing the hat, with money to go to sponsorships or future concerts.
- HCUED – Mark noted there has been 6 industrial programs this year with $17 million invested. Unemployment is currently at 10.1% and funds are still available for PPE.
- HC Council – Terry encouraged all to wear masks.
- HCCSC Board – School is back in session! Roanoke school is open. Thanked United Way for Kinder Camp.
- United Way – Kyle stated they had a very successful Kinder Camp program this year. UW has partnered with HC Community Foundation on Covid relief fun and there are still funds available. Kyle mentioned they were able to help out with the water issue in Warren about a month ago with funds raised.
- Warren Town Council – Thanked KBC and Tower Park for baseball league. Roads should be done today and August 10th at 5 pm is next council meeting.
- Historic Warren – Golfing Fundraiser on July 18th went very well.
- Chamber Gift Certificates – Located at Bippus. Used to promote shopping in Warren. Available in $5 increments.
- SSF – Mini Series kicks off August 22nd and flyers are available.
President – Jeff Souder
Vice President – Jeremy Rufener
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Melinda Daniels 2018-2020 – 2nd Term
Cheryl Deweese 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Jeremy Rufener 2018-2020 – 1st Term
Josh Heim 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Jeff Souder 2019-2021 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2019-2021 – 1st Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term