WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved
- Warren Public Library – The library has over 17,000 physical books and 105,000 e-books with 2 staff members running the library. September is Library Card Sign-Up Month. Flyers are available and will be in the mail. Contact library to sign up your business.
- KBC – The Knight Bergman Center was built in 1925. Currently in the process of updating the restrooms and concession stand by the gym, as well as working on moving the scoreboard. KBC is home to the Food Pantry and Bargain Basement.
- Budget Committee – Committee will start meeting soon to present at October meeting.
- Nominating Committee – Three volunteers are needed for this committee or Terry will need to elect.
- Bylaws –Updates and changes will be made and sent out to body to discuss at next month meeting.
- Scarecrow Festival – Festival is scheduled for October 28th from 6-8 pm with rain date scheduled for October 29th. Volunteers are needed.
- Downtown Park – Phase 3 beginning in next week. Currently working on booking bands for next year. August 26th is next concert.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Visitor guides are done and available.
- HC Community Foundation –Lily Scholarship applications are due end of month and Teacher grant applications are due end of September. Hometown Grant is open to businesses in Warren and applications are due end of September.
- HC Council and Commissioner – Working on budget. New 911 center should be up by end of month.
- United Way – Looking for part-time person for office. Campaign kickoff will be end of September and already looking for sponsors for Kinder Camp for next year.
- Warren Town Council – New water tower should be in service in next 2 weeks.
- Historic Warren – Festival of Trees will be held November 18th. Filing cabinets and safes for sale from old PNC building.
- SSF – Working on next year, next meeting Tuesday 6:30 pm at KBC.
President – Terry Miller
Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
2nd Vice President – Tammy Zehner
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term