WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Prayer led by Troy Drayer
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- Son-Rise Bakery – Krysta bought the bakery in November 2016. The bakery offers breakfast and lunch items and is open Tuesday through Saturday. The bakery does lots of custom orders and always has their cases stocked with sweets. Pie nights are held the last Friday of the month and will be open during Final Friday concerts. The bakery also serves ice cream and espresso drinks.
- East of Chicago – Terry purchased EOC in January 2019. The self-serve buffet is open daily from 11-1:30 and 5-8. Dine in, carry out, and delivery available. They will offer pizza by the slice during Final Friday concerts.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast– May 8th is the deadline for nominees. Volunteers needed for event, please see Rose or Jeremy if interested.
- Chicken Race Fundraiser – Possible event fundraising idea for chamber. Idea to host even on hill by KBC. Fundraiser is in the initial stages of planning.
- Schuller Stables – Michelle and Tim are the owners of Schuller Stable in Marion. This not for profit has been in business for 7 years and serves all surrounding communities. They offer camps, riding lessons, ownership classes, as well as offer programs for schools, long term care facilities, and special needs individuals.
- Downtown Park – Friday, April 30th is the first Final Friday concert with Hubie Ashcraft.
- HC Chamber – Second Saturday series to run from April through August and will be held downtown. June 16 – 20 will be Heritage Days. Farmers Market will start June 9th at Central Christian Church.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Working on murals in downtown areas around Huntington County. May be moving locations in near future.
- HC Council or Commissioner – Currently working on Victory Knoll for mental health facility and jail expansion. On June 8th, all commissioners in NE Indiana will be in Huntington County to view the county and different businesses in the area. Warren will be getting funds from federal government in the amount of $400,000.00.
- United Way – Currently taking nominations for community heroes. Working on trying to get grant from Lily.