WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Lunch provided by East of Chicago
Introduction of Chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved
- Terry Miller Century 21 – Terry has been in real estate for 20 years with office in Fort Wayne. Housing market is currently fast moving and there are around 20 homes on the market in Huntington County. Home values are up as well as assessments, cost, and interest rates. Questions are always free with Terry!
- DeWeese – Cheryl and George have been in business over 40 years, located downtown Warren. Sell/repair all appliances, water systems, and can rent to own water softeners. They services many areas in and around Huntington County.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast and Event Sign Up – Committee put together for event and will meet soon. Sign up for other events passed around.
- Downtown Park – Josh proposed a Downtown Park Committee be formed. Need to discuss further.
- HC Chamber – Small business is booming in Huntington County. Planet Fitness is moving in to part of the old Marsh building (south end) and Harbor Freight will open in May. The Farmers Market will be moving to Lake Claire and will add live music, food trucks, and kids activities. Heritage Days is June 15-19.
- HC Visitors’ Bureau – Tina Bobila will be stepping into the Executive Director role.
- HC Community Foundation – Grant awarded to Historic Warren for mural on Napa building downtown.
- HC Council – New jail addition is open, working on renovating old. 911 department in process of moving to Victory Knoll.
- United Way – Jennifer Harris is the new Executive Director.
- HCCSC Board – Outdoor track will be resurfaced soon.
- Warren Town Council – Currently working on financing for new fire truck.
- Historic Warren – Car show set for June 10th at Golfo.
- SSF – Theme will be Homemade Happiness and will be held July 1-4th. April 23rd there will be Nelson’s Chicken Fundraiser.
President – Terry Miller
Vice President – Cheryl Deweese
2nd Vice President – Tammy Zehner
Secretary – Leah Pursley
Treasurer – Patti Bustos
Rose Broyles 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Cheryl Deweese 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Jeremy Rufener 2021-2023 – 2nd Term
Patti Bustos 2022-2024 – 2nd Term
Leah Pursley 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Terry Miller 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Kevin Jackson 2020-2022 – 1st Term
Krysta Fornal 2022-2024 – 1st Term
Tammy Zehner 2022-2024 – 1st Term