WARREN AREA CHAMBER MEETING
Lunch provided by Subway
Introduction of chamber members and guests
Minutes of Previous Meeting and Treasurer’s Report approved at Chamber Board Meeting
- East of Chicago – Terry Miller thanked Jeff and Becky for allowing him to take over at EOC. He stated that there will not be any big changes in the menu. Buffet is offered 11:00 to 1:30 and 5-8 Monday through Friday and Saturday for lunch. Deliveries are offered within 5 miles and Terry stated he looks forward to serving the community.
- Samuel Jones Breakfast –Rose Broyles spoke about the Breakfast and its history. Nominations will start in 2 weeks, nominees are individuals that serve and are dedicated to the community. The winner is chosen by the past 27 winners and last year there were 8 nominations.
- Downtown Park – Jeff had flyers available for the Final Friday concert series at the park, this will be a rain or shine event.
- HCUED – Mark informed Chamber that it was a very busy 1st quarter with 12 industrial announcements so far this year. Flyers were also available.
- HC Chamber – Steve stated they are working on Heritage Days which will be June 19-23. Administrative Professionals Day program will be April 24th at the Historic Forks.
- HC Community Foundation – Michael noted that scholarships are in progress and they had 130 applications. Grants are due a week from Monday. He stated they are hoping to put $500,000 back into the community this year.
- United Way – Kyle stated they are finishing up campaign and met goal of $580,000. For 2019 campaign, Team Edward Jones will lead the way with Nicole being the chair.
- Warren Town Council – Meeting on April 8th at 5 pm at the Annex. Bridge will be done mid-April and Cheese Factory will hopefully open up next month.
- Historic Warren – Becky noted that Marketplace at the Park will start May 30th from 5-7 pm and run every Thursday. Contact Jessica Sunderman for information.
- SSF – Cheryl stated that SSF will run July 3rd-7th and there will be several fundraisers coming up. Pulled pork dinner will be May 19th from 11-1:30. There will also be a golf outing at Dogwood and the rock-a-thon around town. Next meeting will be April 16th at 6:30.
- Creative Arts Outreach – Tamera noted that they hosted 1 kids class and 1 adults class over spring break and thanked those that came. Next events will be April 15th and 16th as well as May 4th.
- Beer/Wine Tasting –Jeff stated there are posters and tickets available. Julie Hadaway will be providing entertainment.
The next meeting will be held on May 1st.